Sunday, June 9, 2013

Blah, Blah, Blah, BLOG

To blog, or not to blog... Shorter is always better.  I think I shall make it my goal to blog more and write less. Truly its a win-win on all counts, because I really need to learn to be succinct.  I tend to ramble on, and on, and on....  Writing more frequently would probably yield more psychologically pleasing results, anyway.  Yada, yada, yada...

So the fam has moved once again. I love returning to the DC area.  It was by far my favorite place we've lived, and when I heard we were returning, I got so excited. It seemed so nice to be able to actually move somewhere that we already knew people. I love my family--REALLY, I do. BUT I am a very social person, and I really was missing the chance to hang out with people OUTSIDE the family on breaks. We've moved every year I have been at school. So every time I've come home for breaks the only folks I actually know are my family and whoever I meet over that break. Finally I get to see some old FAMILIAR faces!

Of course, returning to places is always different from how you picture it. I always paint such glorious pictures in my head of optimistic expectations. I always seem to forget the fact that you can't just pick up where you left off.  Life has happened.  People change.  People are busy and have lives that are busy with other things. My head pictures a puzzle.  When we moved away we took away a puzzle piece. My unrealistic expectations ignorantly anticipated returning to the puzzle with our piece still missing--the empty spot just waiting for us to fill it and for things to go back to the way they were.  In reality the puzzle we return to is no longer missing any puzzle pieces and even has changed shapes.  Other people and things have filled the hole we left. Everything seems to be running just fine without us. So, at least for the initial first few months, we exist as onlookers trying to determine where we will be able to fit in this NEW puzzle.  It is not a bad thing.  This sort of change has almost always resulted in ultimate good.  It's just not COMFORTABLE...  and my selfish SELF likes being comfortable.

Speaking of uncomfortable.  Job searching is crazy when you do it in the middle of the summer. HOWEVER, I hate not being busy. I feel like a lazy butt. I feel useless without a schedule.  So I decided to at least start volunteering at a nearby military pharmacy. I think that will be pretty awesome.  I'll be working with a bunch of retirees. =D LOVE IT!

Speaking of the military... I really think I want to join the Air Force medical reserves after school.  I love the military medical atmosphere!!!

TO DO:
1) Get a job.
2) Get reconnected with old friends here
3) Get into a summer Bible study
4) Finish all the piles of electronic scrapbooking junk that I'm behind on for the family
5) Do a better job staying connected with friends and family--I'm terrible with staying connected (when they are out of sight, they are pretty much out of mind)
6) Find another devotional study/ plan
7) STUDY for next semester
8) PRAY longer and more often everyday
9) Spend more one on one time with each of my siblings
10) Read some good non-fiction Christian books

TOO long. :D

-Chrys Tianna

No comments:

Post a Comment