Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Married, Working, and Still Reaching.

So much has happened.


  1. I graduated.
  2. Got engaged.
  3. Got my RN License.
  4. Married to my best friend. 
  5. Moved to Georgia.
  6. Started working as a nurse.


Marriage is great and I'm very blessed. Couldn't ask for anything better.  And yet, I'm longing for meaning and purpose.

What I've learned in the past few months:


  • You can have everything you ever wanted and still feel like your life is meaningless. 
  • You can be giving your best, getting verbal affirmation on a regular basis, and still, on the inside, feel like an utter failure or pretender.
  • You can be a Christian and feel empty and depressed.
  • Depression doesn't go away when life seems good.  Sometimes it gets worse.
The more I have, the more distance I put between me and God. 

Pull yourself up by the bootstraps.  Stop being lazy.  Pray.  Read your Bible.  Then you'll feel better.

But I can't seem to make it happen.  I just keep falling farther into my pit.





No comments:

Post a Comment